Students learn through multisensory instruction to correctly identify parts of speech, to use words appropriately, and to compose grammatically correct, interesting sentences. The ability to compose original sentences provides the important transition between single words and paragraphs. Knowledge of grammar and correct sentence structure enhances a student’s ability to succeed at creative and expository writing.
Our programs are designed to increase knowledge and expertise in:
• Basic and advanced grammar.
• Application of appropriate punctuation.
• Sentence structure analysis.
• Vocabulary expansion and written expression.
• Explicit step by step instruction in summaries, note taking, information/expository paragraphs, reports, essays, stories and personal narratives.